Last week, I was nominated by A. J. Bauers for a Liebster Award. Hey, I enjoy a feel-good internet award and knew I had to pass it on. The dealio is to answer the ten questions by the person who nominated you, ask ten of your own and nominate five people. So, here we go…
1) What is your favorite flash fiction that you have written?
That would be the “Last Lines First” flash fiction challenge. I liked the flash so much, I turned it into the short story, Paradox.
2) If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Probably the ability to stop time and get all the stuff done I need to do in the average day.3) What is the number one item on your bucket list?
I don’t have a bucket list. When I want to do something, I do it. I’m not sure if this is because I’m former military and have done a lot of things, or if it’s because I’m conceited.
4) List 5 of your favorite books
Guns of the South – Harry Turtledove
Household Gods – Judith Torr
Christine – Stephen King
Nightfall – Issac Asimov
Sphere – Michael Crichton
5) Who has inspired you most for your writing?
6) What made you decide to start a blog?
I actually started the blog as a “Technology and Human Values” class at Northern Arizona University.
7) What is the best piece of advice you have ever read or received about writing?
That would be Chuck Wendig’s “Shut up and write.”
8) What do you hope to accomplish in the year 2014 (writing or otherwise)?
In 2014, I hope to have a final draft of Champion Standing and The Afflicted.
9) What is your favorite and least favorite book to film adaption?
Sphere, although the ending was different, was one of the best adaptations.
One for the Money was a horrific adaptation.
10) List 5 of your favorite characters (books, movies, or otherwise)
The Punisher/Frank Castle (comic book)
Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion)
John Oldman (Jerome Bixby’s Man From Earth)
Jake Featherstone (Settling Accounts by Harry Turtledove)
Jeff Winston (Replay by Ken Grimwood)
I’ll just play A. J.’s ten questions forward.